I am catching up today on the kind mentions and nominations from my writing cohorts.
Not to go on and on about Angie Richmond, but she also nominated me for a blogging award, the Kreativ Blogger award, as did the lovely Rachel Stanley (@2caHummingbird on Twitter) and Steven Watson (@ashviper on Twitter). You guys rock my stripey kneesocks, thank you!
And now to go over the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person(s) that nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions.
3. Share ten random thoughts/facts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy bloggers for the award.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!
1. What is your favorite song?
There are a small number of songs that elicit an immediate and emotional reaction when I listen to them and they are almost all on my blog playlist. The one I would add if I took the time is “Your Song” by Elton John.
3. What ticks you off?
Deliberate cruelty. Relentless negativity. Bigotry of any flavor. Any combination of the above.
4. What do you do when you get upset?
Take a bath. Something about sitting in water that is nuclear-hot calms me down.
5. Which is your favorite pet?
My black and white shorthair cat, Ramses. He thinks he is a reincarnated Pharoah. Also, I have a slug named Hubert thanks to @cameronlawton, a tiny Pegasus colt named Horatio thanks to @afsaneh_dreams and a cigar-smoking, foul-mouthed fairy named Oscar.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white?
As seen above, black AND white both exist for a reason. That said, I have far more black clothes than white.
7. What is your biggest fear?
Obscurity and anonymity. Appropriates fears for an actor/writer. Also, illness and suffering of those nearest and dearest.
8. What is your attitude, mostly?
Sunny side up. Like all artistic people, I do periodically suffer from sadness and self-doubt…but life is really too full of beauty to go around feeling sorry for yourself for too long.
9. What is perfection?
Something worth striving for, but not worth despairing over.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
I can’t believe I am saying this online, but I actually secretly watch America’s Next Top Model. The girls are so silly and clueless, but I LOVE the elaborate photo shoots. It’s really rather embarrassing.
10 Obscure Anna facts
- I can read and write French far better than I speak it, though I’m definitely rusty nowadays. I spent the Spring Break of my junior year in college translating sections of an architectural treatise in Old French. #nerd
- I am secretly shy. Anyone who knows me on Twitter would scoff, but it’s true.
- I randomly break out into song. I blame a childhood full of musical theatre.
- I almost never watch television. Exceptions include Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey.
- I play piano barefoot.
- Authors who influence me include J.R.R. Tolkien, Lewis Carroll and Agatha Christie. Contemporary inspiration includes Donna Tartt and Tana French.
- My favorite color is blue. My least favorite color is pink.
- I used to give ghost tours while living in St. Augustine, which was actually one of the goals I had when moving down there.
- I think I lost my Luddite status when I acquired my iPhone.
- I have to read. It’s uncontrollable. I will read cereal boxes and plane tickets and candy bar wrappers.
I think I shall follow the lead of the gracious Jo-Anne Teal, who gave me an Honorable Mention with this award as one of her favorite blogs, but ultimately nominated one person. My nomination is…
Meg’s blog, From Darcy to Dionysus, is an artsy nerd’s dream, a melange of flash fiction, superheroes, literary analysis and just plain beauty. I adore her and you will too. You can find her at @charitygirlblog on Twitter. #followorperish, y’all.